Prep-cook / Cook PositionRaw Republic
Raw Republic is looking for a self-motivated, sanitary, organized team player to perform Prep-Cook duties.
You will be able to assist in the preparation of plant-based dishes in the kitchen, and perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
We are an expanding company with lots of opportunities and potential for growth for those exhibiting excellence in their performance and skill-set. This is a part-time job that can lead to a full-time position.
Apply online via link below:
(Select “Production/Manufacturing” option)
- Follow and complete the check list created by chefs
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Properly label grab and go items
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in food procurement.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables and etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as sauces, salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as prep cook or education equivalent
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen equipment
- Flexible schedule and commitment
- A team player with good communication skills and ability to follow instructions well
- Possess ability to work quickly, with diligence and willing to improve on the job
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- In good physical health and able to lift boxes up to 51 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent a must; Training from a culinary school is desire