DIY Cacao and Citrus Body ScrubDIY Health & Beauty Recipes
Here is a fun way to amp up your self-care or treat that someone special this upcoming Valentine’s Day. Instead of opting for an artificially produced product, choose to nourish your skin with the best of the best!
Utilizing the power of organic ingredients and certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils, you will be sure to enjoy applying this uplifting scrub. Lather this on your body (or your partner’s) to exfoliate and smell delicious.
|Raw Cane Sugar – 1 Cup||Orange Zest – 1 Tablespoon|
|Raw Cacao – 1 Tablespoon||Orange Essential Oil – 1 drop|
|Coconut Oil – ¼ Cup||Lemon Essential Oil – 1 drop|
- Start with a base of raw cacao inside a mixing bowl
- Add orange zest
- Mix in coconut oil (Add 1 more additional teaspoon at a time if you like your scrub to be more moisturizing.)
- Add one-two drops of essential oil (when using citrus oils, please be cautious of sun exposure for up to 12 hours after use)
- Stir together with cane sugar
- Place into an airtight container for storage
- Rub a handful onto skin until sugar dissolves. Rinse under warm water and pat dry. Follow up with your favorite lotion.
- In last week’s blog we discussed natural aphrodisiacs, make sure to review the benefits of cacao!
- Lemon and wild orange oils are invigorating, boost energy, and uplift your mood
*Show us what you create! Tag @drinkrawrepublic #rawrepubliccacaocitrusscrub
Written by Republic Head Chef Olga Gavrilenko
Photos by Brooke Rosenblum Photography