DIY Moringa HummusRaw Republic DIY Recipes Nutrition
If you tuned in to this month’s Raw Deets Interview Series you would have enjoyed learning about the superfood Moringa with Garrett from Elgee Naturals.
We wanted to showcase one unique way of how you can incorporate their powder into a delicious and nutritious snack. We know you are sure to love this tasty treat which is easy to make!
- ¾ Cup Red Bell Pepper; Roughly Chopped (about one medium sized bell-pepper)
- 1 Cup Chickpea Cooked
- 1 Cup Cannellini Beans Cooked
- ¼ Cup Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 ¼ Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Himalayan Sea-Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Moringa Powder
Soaking & Cooking Beans Instructions:
- Use ⅓ cup dry chickpeas that will equal about 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- Use ⅓ cup dry cannellini beans that will equal about 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- Soak both beans in separate containers in filtered water overnight before cooking. Make sure that the beans are soaked 4 inches above water, because when they absorb water they take up more space. Once done soaking spill the old water and rinse the beans using a colander.
- Place cannellini beans into a pot covered with filtered water 2” above the beans; cook for 40 to 60 minutes using medium heat. Meanwhile, place chickpeas into a pot covered with filtered water 4” above the chickpeas; cook for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once cooked spill the old water and rinse the beans using a colander.
- TIP: If you don’t want the hassle of soaking and cooking your beans but would like to avoid the aluminum from cans, you can purchase the beans in cartons or glass jars.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the hummus reaches creamy consistency.
- ⅛ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Dusting of Moringa Powder for color (approx 1/8 tsp)
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the hummus.
- Sprinkle it with paprika and Moringa.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, baby carrots, or celery sticks.
Recipe by Olga Gavrilenko
Photography by Brooke Rosenblum Photography