DIY Raw HalloweenDIY Recipes
The scariest part of the Halloween may have always been candy. With its destructive corn syrup, sugar, and artificial coloring, one can only imagine the impact it all has on our children’s developing bodies.
Read our previous article “Sugar Spice and Everything Nice” to learn more about all the horrors these complex sugars present to our health.
We at Raw Republic wanted to present alternative options to our conscious consumers. Why not make this Halloween fun and full of healthy treats that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Try creating one, or all three of the options below with your friends, children, or loved ones!
Without further ado, here are this year’s Raw Halloween spooky creations… (video at bottom of post! ↓)
STONE BUTTER & JELLY JAW BITES
Rich in protein, vitamin E, pectin, antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamin C, calcium, folate, potassium and dietary fiber.
Yields: 16 pieces
- 1 Medium Green Apple
- 1 Medium Red Delicious Apple
- 4 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Raw Pitaya Berry Jelly (recipe below)
- 32 pieces of Mini Vegan Marshmallows (you can replace vegan marshmallows with blanched almonds for teeth for a healthier alternative).
- 3 Medium Sized Strawberries; Sliced
- 16 toothpicks
- Use an apple slicer to cut apples into 16 even slices (if you have an 8 piece apple slice; cut the 8 pieces into halves). Throw out the core.
- Repeat step one with the remaining apples.
- Place one slice of apple (laying flat) on top of another slice of an apple (standing up) and pin it with a toothpick so it stands upwards (resembles a mouth).
- Place ½ tablespoon of stone butter inside the “mouth”and spread it throughout.
- Place1 teaspoon of raw jelly on top of peanut butter.
- Place 4 pieces of vegan mini marshmallows, aligned in a row, let them stick to stone butter.
- Remove stem from the strawberry and slice it diagonally.
- Place one slice of strawberry in between marshmallow teeth, so it appears like a tongue sticking out.
- Have fun by decorating green apples with strawberry tongues and red apples without strawberry tongues.
Pitaya & Strawberry Jelly
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ cup Pitaya Puree
- ½ cup Dates; Pitted
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- (ONLY ADD THIS PART IF I USED IT IN THE VIDEO) 1 Tablespoon Coconut Nectar
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (except chia seeds) and blend at high speed until jelly like consistency is reached.
- Turn blender to low speed, at a setting # 2 if you are using a Vitamix and add in the chia seeds, so they can swiftly steer into the jelly.
- Place the jelly into a container and refrigerate for 20 min in order for chia seeds to set into the jelly and bind it. Keep refrigerated when not used.
Rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, folate, and vitamin B6.
Yield: 8 pieces
- 8 Clementines;Peeled
- 1 Celery Stick
- Cut celery stick in a half.
- Continue to cut both halves diagonally making 16 pieces total of mini celery sticks.
- Peel Clementines from the skin.
- Place one small celery stick in the center of each peeled clementine.
RAW FRANKENSTEIN BROWNIES
Rich in protein, vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, A, K1, K2, B12, iron, manganese chromium, omega-3 fatty acids, copper, biotin, iron, zinc, antioxidants, dietary fiber.
Yields: 12 pieces
- 1 cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 1/2 cups soft dates; pitted
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 cups Cashews; Soaked
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Coconut Nectar
- ½ tablespoon Spirulina Powder
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Raw Cacao
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Nectar
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- 24 mini vegan marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Green Frosting (each)
- Chocolate Syrup in a Squeeze bottle or decorating bag
- Place pitted dates in a food processor and process them first.
- Add nuts into the food processor, as well as the rest of the ingredients (except cacao nibs) and process until dough like consistency is reached.
- If using cacao nibs last and pulse them in the food processor to mix them into the dough.
- Place parchment paper on a cutting board and roll out the brownie dough on it.
- Spread the dough into a rectangle measuring about 1 inch in height.
- Refrigerate for two hours and slice into 6 rectangles.
Instructions Green Frosting:
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend at high speed until cream like consistency is reached.
- Place the frosting into a container and refrigerate for 1 hour or until it thickens
Instructions Chocolate Syrup:
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend at high speed until smooth and velvety consistency is reached.
- Place the frosting into a squeeze bottle or a decorating bag.
- Using an offset spatula spread 1 tablespoon of frosting on top of the brownie.
- Refrigerate for 20 min.
- Use chocolate sauce to paint hair, face, scars for the Frankenstein monster.
- Use two mini vegan marshmallows to make white part of the eyes and a dot of chocolate syrup to make a pupil. IT’S ALIVE!!!