DIY RAW Protein BitesDIY Recipes
At Raw Republic we emphasize that eating well must taste great. What you input into your body affects the quality of your day-to-day experience. Being on the go does not mean you have to sacrifice the quality of your food. Eating raw, nutrient- dense, superfood fueled protein bars is one way to support your active lifestyle. When we nourish our bodies we feel great and activate our peak performance abilities.
Crunching on our version of protein “bars,” one scrumptious bite after another, is a fun and tasty way to indulge during a busy day and in between your workout routine.
Yields 24 pieces, approx. 20 minutes of prep time
2 Cups – pitted dates
2 Cups – raw almonds; rinsed
1 tbsp – plant-based protein (we chose vanilla Livwell protein but also recommend hemp from Nutiva + Plant Based Protein is available for purchase within our stores!)
1 tsp – moringa powder
1 tsp – maca powder
1 tsp – lucuma powder
2 tbsp – melted coconut oil
1 tbsp – chia seeds
⅛ tsp – sea salt
½ cup – peanut butter (½ tablespoon per protein bite)
- Place 2 cups of pitted dates into a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Add 2 cups of almonds that have been previously rinsed and let them chop, as well as mix in with the dates.
- Add protein, moringa, maca and lucuma powders, and process them in order to mix into the dough mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and process it as well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and a ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt, pulse 4 times.
- Use a small cup cake mold and line it with cup cake liners.
- Place a heaping ½ tablespoon scoop as the bottom of each cup cake liner.
- Add 1 teaspoon of an almond butter layer.
- Add one more ½ tablespoon scoop as the top layer.
- Place assembled protein bites inside the refrigerator for 2 hours to firm.
- Once ready, apply a quick dusting of lucuma powder over the entire tray.
- Remove from the mold and enjoy!
Equipment & Tools:
Measuring Spoons & Cups