DIY After-Sun SprayDIY Health & Beauty
We’re excited to bring you this fresh do it yourself project that is based with all natural ingredients. As the heat rises, we encourage every home to have a protocol for after-sun care. This spray is simple, easy, and efficient! With just a few ingredients, you can rest assured that your sun-kissed skin will feel nourished and continue to glow.
Highlighting one of the main ingredients of our DIY Spray…
Introducing Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera, the “true shining bitter substance”, has been used by traditional medicine practitioners through various cultures. Through time, the plant has established itself as an authority as one of the leading therapies for sunburns. Given that it grows in dry climates, such as those found in parts of Africa and India, to survive the harsh conditions, the plant’s leaves store water. These water-dense leaves, combined with special plant compounds called complex carbohydrates, make it an effective face moisturizer and pain reliever that secrete from the plant in a form of a gel. It is easy to apply on the skin and also acts as protective layer on the epidermis which helps replenish its moisture. Due to its nutritional qualities and antioxidants, burned skin heals faster.
⇩ DIY After-Sun Spray ⇩
- 1 cup filled aloe vera
- 1 cup filtered water
- 5 drops each lavender + melaleuca (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade)
- Thoroughly wash the outer part of the aloe vera plant, then dry it.
- Cut off the thorny part alongside the plant, on both sides.
- Separate the skin layer of the plant from the flesh by inserting the knife and cutting through it; do this on both sides of the plant.
- Place the flesh (gel) into a cup. (You can use the remainder to rub on your skin before tossing it away!)
- Add 1 cup of aloe vera gel into a vitamix, then add 1 cup of water and blend it on high-speed.
- Reduce the speed, and add 5 drops of each essential oil (lavender & melaleuca).
- Place the mixture into a spray bottle and enjoy!